HOUSTON – (April 11, 2022) – LIDROTEC, a scholar startup from RWTH Aachen University in Germany that aims to increase generation in the semiconductor business, took home the grand prize at the 2022 Rice Enterprise Prepare Opposition (RBPC).
Amid semiconductor shortages all over the world, LIDROTEC claims its technological innovation can eradicate material waste in the chopping process during manufacturing, the two preserving income and growing productiveness.
The RBPC, hosted annually by the Rice Alliance for Technological know-how and Entrepreneurship and Rice University’s Jones Graduate College of Organization, is the world’s largest and richest college student startup opposition. This year’s version noticed 42 startups competing for extra than $2 million in prizes.
The winners were announced at the summary of the a few-day pitching, mentoring and networking celebration which involved an Elevator Pitch Competitiveness, Follow Round, Semi-Finals, Wildcard and Ultimate Round. Persuasive innovations presented by this year’s groups led sponsor organizations to incorporate a selection of funds prizes at the very last moment.
The 42 startups represented 34 universities from four international locations, with 11 universities represented by two various teams. They were being picked from much more than 400 candidates to compete in one of five categories: electricity, clean tech and sustainability daily life sciences and health and fitness care options client items and solutions tough tech and electronic organization.
The RBPC’s extra than 250 judges act as — and most are — early-stage investors analyzing the startups’ possible. Groups pitch their organizations to traders, entrepreneurs, company executives and ecosystem companions throughout the function, then network and obtain real-time opinions, advice and mentorship.
Important prizes this year and the groups that received them consist of:
* $350,000 GOOSE Money Investment decision Grand Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen.
* $155,000 The OWL Expenditure Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $65,000 The OWL Expenditure Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoors, Louisiana State College.
* $50,000 The OWL Financial investment Prize — TransCrypts, University of Toronto and Harvard College.
* $250,000 TMC Innovation Health care Financial commitment Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College.
* $125,000 Softeq Enterprise Studio Prizes (two prizes) — Mallard Bay Outdoors, Louisiana Condition College LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $100,000 Jon Finger and Finger Pursuits, David Anderson and the Anderson Spouse and children Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce 2nd-Place Investment Prize — Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh.
* $50,000 Jon Finger and Finger Pursuits, David Anderson and the Anderson Spouse and children Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce Third-Location Financial investment Prize — Invitris, Technical University of Munich.
* $100,000 Houston Angel Community Expense Prize — Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh.
* $100,000 TiE Houston Angel Group Financial commitment Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $50,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Expense Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $25,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Financial investment Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoors, Louisiana State University.
* $10,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Investment decision Prize — Daring Go Drinks, College of Texas at Austin.
* $40,000 nCourage Investment Group’s Brave Ladies Entrepreneurs Investment Prize — Invitris, Complex University of Munich.
* $10,000 nCourage Financial commitment Group’s Courageous Females Business owners Financial commitment Prize — Pareto, Stanford University.
* $25,000 Southwest Nationwide Pediatric Product Prizes (two prizes) — Highly developed Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University EpiSLS, University of Michigan.
* $25,000 City Cash Community Investment decision Prize — Woobie, Brigham Youthful University.
* $25,000 IN2 Power, Cleantech and Sustainability Prize — EpiFresh, Rice College.
* $25,000 Pearland Financial Development Corporation Spirit of Entrepreneurship Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $25,000 New Local weather Ventures Investment Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Know-how.
* $20,000 OFW Law Food and drug administration Regulatory Tactic In-Variety Prize — Innovative Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University.
* $5,000 Eagle Traders Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $3,000 Nixon Institute Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins University.
* $3,000 DK Innovation Vitality Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Technological innovation.
* $1,000 Mercury Elevator Pitch Competitiveness Prize — EpiFresh, Rice College
The seven finalists dependent on the judges’ over-all scores were:
LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College — grand prize and unique prizes worthy of a total of $682,200.
Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh — second area and a whole of $386,700 in prizes.
Hoth Intelligence’s software takes advantage of augmented actuality to enable wellness treatment providers see “through” and “into” people to information methods and decrease error.
Invitris, Technological College of Munich — third put and a complete of $97,200 in prizes.
Invitris leverages synthetic biology to create novel therapeutics to address antibiotic-resistant bacterial bacterial infections.
LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins University — fourth spot and $258,000 in prizes, like the $5,000 Norton Rose Fulbright Fourth-Place Income Prize.
LymphaSense’s wearable screening system is revolutionizing the way breast cancer patients are monitored for indications of lymphedema following procedure.
INIA Biosciences, Boston University — fifth position and the $5,000 EY Fifth-Place Income Prize.
INIA Biosciences is producing a noninvasive, home-administered bioelectronic machine to give treatment pursuing a kidney transplant.
Bold Shift Beverages, University of Texas at Austin — sixth position and $15,000 in prizes, together with the $5,000 Chevron Technologies Ventures Sixth-Area Dollars Prize.
Daring Move Drinks is an early-phase alcoholic beverages brand that brings together espresso and whiskey to develop Chilly Brooze in two flavors.
Anise Well being, Harvard University — seventh area and $7,000 in prizes, like the $5,000 Shell Ventures Seventh-Put Dollars Prize and Edward H. Molter Memorial Wildcard Prize from Egan Nelson.
Anise Well being is a digital system giving culturally adapted mental well being care to racial and ethnic minorities, starting off with Asian Us citizens.
All rivals also gained:
- Entrepreneur Futures Community (EFN) mentoring: EFN mentors made available pre-level of competition mentoring and suggestions to just about every of the groups on subject areas this sort of as refining a business enterprise approach, refining money types and bettering presentation expertise.
- Amazon World wide web Products and services: Service credits for each of the 42 startup teams for two years.
- Palo Alto Software package: Access to Are living Program presentation and evaluation software program
- Allianse: 3-thirty day period demo to buyers and cash system
For extra details about the 2022 Rice Business enterprise Strategy Level of competition, stop by rbpc.rice.edu.